Thursday, August 14, 2008

Things We've Learned from Fishing


As a homeschooling mom, I can’t help but call everything school… especially being a homeschool mom of a child with a one track mind… at one time it was bowling, then baseball, then costume making, then snowboarding, and now fishing…. No matter what we talk about, study about, listen to, all he "gets" right now is fishing… I believe this is in his DNA, in fact, you’re getting this post because of a request of more fish pictures from his uncle… so… here we go, things we’ve learned from fishing…

Little….

Rian caught this little guy at a Hilberg Lake on base in June...

BIG


This was last nights catch... a 6 3/4 pound pink salmon, also known as a Humpey


Ideal Fishing….

This is Rick and Gerad's idea of fishing, the problem? ... no people = no fish!

REALITY FISHING... This is what it really looks like, people lining the shore... it is fittingly called combat fishing


PINK SILVER RED


Okay… so I don't understand the color thing... they all look the grey to me!!!


We've learned Anatomy...I'll spare you the pictures. And Geology .... i.e. glacial silt is the worst kind of dirt! (you know it bad when you've got to take a shower before you can clean the fish!)

And Last, but not least, we've learned......


BEFORE

AFTER

7 comments:

Natalie said...

WOW!!! That was GREAT!!! Look at ALL those fish you guys are catching! You know how much money your saving on your grocery bill on seafood alone??? TONS!
I am SO hungry... I can smell my dinner cooking in the oven, and your fried fish is just going to push me over the edge! YUM!!!
Great pictures!

Chelle said...

I love the ending! HILARIOUS!!! But I agree - they all looked the same to me.

Cheryl said...

Glad to have you around.... I was afraid you quit the blog world 'cold turkey'...

Natalie said...

No Cheryl we are going to be pretty much MIA when school starts... We still have some time though. Oh man am I excited to be embarking on the next unit of WOA! Just the food alone. I was copying Michelles unit yesterday so I had no choice but to read over some of the things we will be doing. Here are some recipe highlights;
-Croissants
-Chocolate Fondu
-Paella
-Portugeuse Soup
-Portuguese Sweet Bread
-Scones
-Biscotti
-Crepes
-Hot Cross Buns

Do I really have to keep going?

Cheryl said...

No... please stop... I just had breakfast with Gerad and I ate way too much... doesn't even sound good. I think it will be a good unit, I was really trying to push Rian through it this summer and just decided it was worth giving it some SERIOUS time, not just a glance over... Keeping perspective can be really hard when they get to High School...
just so much pressure....

I'm hoping we won't have to give up blogging all together... what will Jeramy do without us???? He'll rule the entire blog world... we can't have that now can we???? We can cut back, but for his sake we can't stop all together!!!!

jeramy sossaman said...

seriously....you can't stop. ever. i'm just saying...

CLICK HERE to win my 100th blog post contest.

Shauna said...

they all look gray to me too! Looks yummy though!