Sunday, July 27, 2008

Weekend Update....

Two quick things for you.... one.... the score is now
Rian 3 , Gerad 1 , Rick - zip

Rian is of course still rubbing it it, but Gerad is just happy he can go back to school and say he caught some fish (he actually caught 2 yesterday but one wasn't a 'legal' catch - don't ask, you need a law degree to figure out the fishing rules here!) We still have Halibut from his 'deep sea' fishing trip, but I guess there was something about catching a Salmon that makes it real??? Must be a guy thing?! We now have enough Salmon to get out the smoker Rick got for Christmas and the 'seal a meal' he got for Fathers day and do some cooking!
The other thing is.....

I don't know all the details of this, but just heard that K-LOVE (a national christian radio station) is giving away 2 tickets to the Casting Crowns concert here in Anchorage... these of course come with round trip air fare so hurry, quick.... go to Klove.com and get signed up!!!!!! You just might win!!!
Here are a couple more pictures from our weekend... are you tired of the moose pictures yet? I was, but when we came across this Bull Moose this afternoon I had to take a couple more. This is certainly the closest we ever been to any moose, and the first decent shot of a bull so far.

Well, I'm off to work here.... tomorrow is our first day back to school so there is much organizing to do. We're going with more of a year round schedule this year, i.e. We're hoping to make a quick trip to California in mid-August, then two weeks off in September (one for company and one for a seminar to help us transition out of the Air Force when the time comes) a month at Christmas so decided we needed to get started A.S.A.P. As long as it's going to rain there isn't anything better to do anyway... except fish, and I think I can use that to my advantage... Even Rian can understand this equation....

School + chores = Fishing

No school + no chores = No fishing...

I think we're going to have the best "first day of school" ever!!!! . . . I'd even put money on it!

11 comments:

Chelle said...

I want you to blog about your first day of school please. I'm anxious to know how it went. And those are GREAT moose shots! Why were you that close????

jeramy sossaman said...

so...you touch the fish with your hands?

Chelle said...

Yes J. You touch them with your hands. Well... YOU don't. But people who go fishing and catch them DO.

Pastor's Perspective said...

Don't give up Rick!

Cheryl said...

I DON't touch them, but people who fish don't seem to mind....

And Pastor Steve, would it change your mind if I told you that in all our years (24+) Rick has never caught a Salmon??? I'll give him your message (he's a bum and doesn't read the blogs unless I remind him) but it might be encouraging him to hold on to a false hope.... just a thought....

Cheryl said...

Don't know that the our first day is worth blogging about... it went as planned....Rian was ready BEFORE me, and zipped through chores and school without a complaint... (until he didn't catch anything!) guess what... he wants to go fishing again today.... he's at the table ready to go, I'm still here in my jammies... AND the sun is shining!!!! WooHoo!

Chelle said...

Sounds like it's gonna be a great day!!!

Anonymous said...

I want to take moose pictures!

Unknown said...

You're welcome any time Sharon... REALLY - Free accomadations really take a load off the price of a vacation... and if you can get Brady to Fish, the the girls to sell it... you could even make money by coming to visit....

Natalie said...

Woo hoo!!! I'm on your blog now!!! It works! Hey I actually think I might start school a bit sooner this year too! We will see... This month is ordering curriculum time... I love the moose shots!!!

Unknown said...

Hey natalie, So glad you're on my blog now... still can't figure out the deal on my profile thing... I even went back to your sight, I can click on one of my comments and get to view it, but when I use the other it still says you can't see my profile... I totally confused!!! Oh well, enjoy the 'meese' and fish photos, they're not much, but 'funner' than doing housework!