Thursday, July 24, 2008

Still Trying....

I tried to have a good attitude. . .


I got a snappy new haircut, bought a nice new treadmill and decided to get on with things despite the lousy weather…

I made a mental list of great things about rainy days…

  • Soup, Crockpots, Homemade bread (all in one day is best!)
  • Green, I’m mean really Green grass and hills (as much as I loved the blue sky’s and sunshine in California, I never got used to the brown…oops I meant ‘golden’ hills!)
  • Soothing sounds of pitter patter on the roof
  • Sleeping In
  • and, my favorite, lots of tea drinking time.
So....I was prepared to start today anew, no matter what the weather.

Things seemed to get better as Rick informed me that Friday and Saturday were supposed to be nicer, and as the evening went on last night everything seemed a little brighter. Even the clouds lifted a bit… just enough to show the new fallen SNOW on the mountains around Anchorage …........... ................... .................




I had an e-mail from a friend this morning who talked about being ‘refined by fire’ ...is it possible that I am being ‘refined by water’???

"See, I have refined you, though not as silver...." Isaiah 48:10

I’ll keep trying… One more cup of tea and then I’m off to the treadmill…



9 comments:

jeramy sossaman said...

hey cheryl....cute haircut. :-)

you forgot one more great thing about rainy days....BLOGGING!

Cheryl said...

I did think of that, but not until after I had posted... I also need to get away from blogging...my house is screaming "clean me, clean me!!!" but I am seriously addicted! So... does any one know where Michelle is? I hope the dogs didn't get her!

jeramy sossaman said...

oh, you didn't hear????

jeramy sossaman said...

the dogs got her.

Unknown said...

To bad about Michelle....did she survive? It'd be a great blog... "I survived the alien dog attack"....

Chelle said...

I'm baaaaacccckkkkk.

Cheryl said...

I'm so glad you're back... it's pretty sad, but this is THE only life I have right now so when someone just dissapears it's pretty quiet around here. So bad that we're starting school next week...

Chelle said...

I'm sorry. (that you're starting school) Actually, I'm getting pretty antsy to start back. I love the hair by the way! Really cute! I miss you.

Chelle said...

And you people need to lay off my dogs!!! This is why I like THEM more than any of YOU.