In addition to all the fun things we did with Rachel and Cain and the airshow (which I already blogged about) we've been fishing (well, I watched) and hiking. Gerad enjoyed a halibut fishing trip with Chris. They caught their fill of fish, and had a great time. They also fished on the Russian River, a favorite fishing spot for people and bears alike, and had a bit of excitement from a young ‘grizzly’ while they were there.
We spent some time at Portage Glacier and took a tram ride up the mountain at Alyeska (a popular ski resort), and but the highlight of our time with Rick's mom was a quick trip to the port/fishing town of
We also ‘swung by’ the Russian on our way back from Seward on Wednesday just to see what the fishing was like and while we were there Gerad, Rian and I got a good look at a grizzly bear cub on the other side of the river sleeping in a tree… it looked very ‘cuddly’ but the thought of it’s mama’s eyes watching me was pretty intense. Sadly for Rick’s mom, we didn’t see much other wildlife and NO sunshine while she was here, but we still managed to have a good time.

4 comments:
You've been busy!! I've been to the Portage Glacier. It's AMAZING!!! Sounds like you've had fun with all your visitors. Aren't you ready for a break?
I was wondering where you were! Glad you are having fun with the fam!
I suppose a short break is nice, but since I still have NO life it gets boring real quick after everybody leaves!
welcome back cheryl.
Post a Comment