Thursday, June 30, 2011

No News is Good News

I over heard Joel (the Youth Pastor) say that No News is Good News, so I'm choosing to believe the trip to In-n-Out burger and beyond (including the border crossing at San Ysidro) went well. The itinerary for yesterday was to just get there and set up camp.

Although there has been no word concerning the last 24 hours, the previous day's message was exciting. Joel says " Lots of special happenings and we are still yet to arrive in Mexico." One of the young men got to share their story with a lady at the dollar store and two other team members were able to share perspectives from the Bible to over 50 South Korean students that were in Fullerton studying abroad. (Their leader asked what the team was doing and they invited them to be a part of their evening worship and Bible study.... how cool is that?!!!) The other opportunity they had to share was with the city bus drive who "was a bit flustered to see 45 people waiting at the bus stop."

According to the itinerary they gave us, today will be the hardest day. They should already be on their work sites where they will be building houses for several families. Today's task will be to get the concrete slabs poured. It is requested that we pray specifically for energy to get through the day, that the team will work well together and build quality relationships with the families they are serving. Joel also requests that we pray for the cook, Greg, as he is obviously a very important part of keeping the team going.

The quiet here is well... quiet. I'm doing okay with it, although I am very ready for Rick to be home! It is, however, driving the dog crazy! My 'little' project is going well, but I have to take a break from it today as I have a wedding cake to do. (Will post pictures soon, promise!)

Thanks for keeping this team of young people in your prayers, lives are being changed through this, can't wait to hear Rian's stories when he returns.

1 comment:

jeramy sossaman said...

good stuff! i hope you guys are doing well.