Once again, I'm reviving the old blog... I can't believe how much our lives have changed since I posted at Christmas, I have so much I could share, and while I'd like to say that I'm back for good and that I'll keep the blog going, I've learned my lesson on that one, and we're just taking it day by day! However, I did think that for the time being it will be a great way to keep you up to speed on Rian's latest adventure, so maybe for the next 10 days or so I can get back into the swing of things, we shall see.....
Rian and Seth
Last night (Sunday, June 26th) I dropped Rian off at the Airport for the first leg of this year's Mexico Mission Trip. He and my guess is about 45 - 50 other teens and chaperons took an early morning flight to San Diego where they are spending 2 days building group unity, friendships and if I know Rian, eating at every Panda Express in the city. (Of course he will have to compete with Joel's love of In-n-Out burger.)

Hayley and Seana
A short note this morning said that they had made it to Hope University in San Diego without any hitches, and in fact it was even mentioned that they had an unusually quiet flight, I'm sure the other passengers on that flight were extremely happy about that! Seeing a group of 50 kids getting on to your flight must be a terrifying experience.
The beige team
They'll spend the day tomorrow being lazy, but will make up for it on Wednesday when they head out early for the San Ysidro Border. Over the next couple of days please being praying for the team, that they will have unity as a group, and that they will have a safe, hassle free border crossing. I will keep you updated as I get information. (As with all our youth events... the teens are technology free, so I will have to wait for updates along with you!) As I heard the Main Man say... no news is good news, but hopefully we'll hear from them a little each day.
Okay.... I'm back to my "no body is home" project... can't tell you what it is yet, but may post some before and after pictures later.
No comments:
Post a Comment