It's been a long day here, it seems like I've been working on this wedding cake all day, however I think it slows down the process dramatically when you are continually checking e-mail for updates (especially since you have to check facebook first... don't ask me why, just trust me on that one!) The first update came from Rick, he said his brother has had the best day he's had in two weeks which I'm sure was a huge blessing for all concerned. And finally, just a few moments ago, an update from Mexico. I was not worried, but when I don't hear from them I really feel like I'm missing out!!! So, since it's so late, I'll just give it to you straight from Joel...
We are building on two sites. One sight has the standard 11x22 floor plan and the other is a double... 22x22. Therefore the team has 16 workers on one sight and 30 on the other. Both foundations were finished by the end of the day, with the smaller site having put together most of their walls.
The families on either site are sweet and we also received building assistance from them.
The Amor worker is from Australia; he has been a huge help and an interesting dude; he is a high school teacher and serves in Mexico on holiday. He commented that we Alaskans are similar to Australians in how we have no problem interacting in new settings and our easy going nature.
No sickies thus far. Some sunburns but none to severe. Temps are in the 80's and we can see the ocean in the distance.
Life is good."
The Prayer itinerary lists tomorrow's prayer requests as continued unity, good attitudes (many suffer from 'second day blues'; building relationships in the community and for excellence in craftsmanship.

No comments:
Post a Comment