Monday, December 15, 2008

Creepy....

I received an e-mail today from my friend Melody. I thought it was a bit strange as I don’t have anyone to buy dolls for anymore, but thought I’d go check out the link she sent. I am fairly skeptical of these types of clips but I was astounded with this one.

Check it out for yourself....



After hearing it, I was pretty certain that this sweet, innocent baby doll is indeed saying “Islam is the light” so I decided to forward the e-mail on to a few of my friends that I thought might actually be in the baby doll market. With in a few moments, I had a note back from one of my friends (and dedicated blog readers) saying

"We have that doll! I ran up to get her and sure enough...that is what she says! Very clearly! We've had her for a while now and we've never caught it! It's creepy."
This doll bothers me on two accounts. First and foremost is that I believe with all my heart the Jesus is Lord! That HE is the way, the truth and the life (John 14:6) and the HE is the LIGHT (Psalm 27:1). I cringe to think of the unsuspecting parents who will be giving this doll to their little girls this Christmas! The second thing that bothers me is the double standard that Christians in America face continually. There is no doubt in my mind that what that pastor said in that clip is the truth. If that doll was saying "Jesus is the light" it would have been recalled faster than light it's self! I won't 'preach' any more, I just want to encourage you to remain alert...

“…be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.” I Peter 5:8

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also went to check the dolls on the shelves at the store and they have a new version that appears to be fixed and still some old ones...
While I was looking I did however show some people what the doll said and they decided to pass on her.
Now I just have to get Jane to forget about her. She loves this dang doll so much. She does have a mode where she moves and doesn't speak...
She still creeps me out...