Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Strange Request

I mentioned a while back that Sarah Palin's sister goes to my church right? So this morning our Pastor gets up to start the service and says, " Heather got a text from her sister last night. She [Sarah] asked that our church to please pray for them."

On one hand this is not really a strange request, people ask for prayers for their family all the time! But to be asked "personally" by Sarah Palin to pray just felt a bit strange to me. It really hit home the fact that these candidates are real people and they are exhausted from weeks of campaigning and tired of dealing with the media. (How many of us can relate to that?!) It also reminded me that 'WE, the people' are in this, (or should be!) and our full participation is vital! So first... we need to pray! I'm not going to tell you who or what to pray for, but just pray for God's will to be done in our country, most of can at least agree on that point. And secondly, don't forget to get out and vote... it ain't over till it's over and every vote counts!



5 comments:

jeramy sossaman said...

god's will, will be done regardless of how you or i vote. no question.

Chelle said...

I am praying!!!! I'll be glad when it's all over and done with. Thanks for sharing. You're right. It's really easy to forget that the candidates are real people... with real lives.

Clint Ceralde said...

Wow, this really puts praying for our leaders into perspective for me. Sometimes it, unfortunately for me, becomes what feels like a task to pray for them, but to know that they desire to be prayed for makes doing it feel like something special. Thank you for sharing that.

Natalie said...

Ugh, Cheryl, you need to get a new post!!! (-: We cannot rag on Chelle & then do the same thing! I know we are bust with school but we gotta try!

Cheryl said...

I'm trying Natalie, I'm trying....