Above: Rick and Rian watch the water freeze on Ship Creek at Ft. Richardson
Below: A Porcupine tests the ice on the edges of Hillberg Lake
Rick tests the ice on Hillberg Lake - After the coldest October on record, the ice is already pretty thick around the edges... Rian's ready for ice fishing to begin...ugh...

3 comments:
Beautiful photos of your winter wonderland. I might actually feel some Christmas spirit now.
It does help with that... we've already got the outside lights up and the music out. (We passed a amall apartment complex last night that had at least 3 christmas trees up...now that's a bit much!)
I am sad that I am not going to have a WHITE CHRISTMAS... That is the one thing that makes me miss North Dakota! Do you ever fill up a glass of soda & set it on your front porch? Then when you go get it 15 min later it's all slushy? I miss that... Ahhh... Memories... How is school going?
Personally I don't think it is okay to put up a Christmas tree until the day after Thanksgiving...
Post a Comment