Well, I have to tell you that a few weeks ago my optimistic husband was really getting on my nerves.
As I moaned about the ‘termination dust’ creeping down the mountains getting closer and closer to our front yard he kept saying “oh, no…. we won’t have snow until the day after Thanksgiving…” I finally said, in a rather submissive tone, “Yeah right…I’ll bet you a hundred dollars there is snow in our front yard before Thanksgiving.” After proving I could pay up… he shook on it… now I’m wondering, was he really optimistic or is he down right crazy????
Fast forward to yesterday afternoon…..
As I moaned about the ‘termination dust’ creeping down the mountains getting closer and closer to our front yard he kept saying “oh, no…. we won’t have snow until the day after Thanksgiving…” I finally said, in a rather submissive tone, “Yeah right…I’ll bet you a hundred dollars there is snow in our front yard before Thanksgiving.” After proving I could pay up… he shook on it… now I’m wondering, was he really optimistic or is he down right crazy????
Fast forward to yesterday afternoon…..
So, while I was not thrilled about watching it snow as I went to sleep last night, or having to slip and slide my way to Fort Richardson this morning, I am going to enjoy my $100.00 – hopefully in sunny California later this week! And while Rian is thrilled and looking forward to snowboarding, I am fervently hoping that the ground will not be completely covered when we get back. The forcast, however, does not seem to be in my favor.
I do have to say thanks to that crazy guy …. even though he was sure we wouldn’t have snow for another 6 weeks he did have the foresight to take my van in this weekend and have the studded tires put back on AND then he cleaned out the garage so we could get it back in … Maybe I’ll splurge and buy him a nice coffee when we get to California…..

5 comments:
I LOVE SNOW!!! I miss it... I miss white Christmas'... I envy you... Are you here in CA yet? How long are you staying?
you know you love being right. don't lie!
what beautiful pictures!
Yeah, I would get him a coffee. Maybe even a medium sized one. :)
I love love love being right. It is kind of a problem.
SNOW!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE SNOW!!!!
Post a Comment