Wednesday, October 1, 2008

This has been an incredibly weird school year. I feel like we have been taking 5 steps forward and 3 steps back since August. Except in math where we're taking 3 steps forward and 5 steps back... needless to say I've been a bit stressed out ...this is high school.... this is 'for real' school... and we need to get real 'buddy'....

So this morning I was doing the "I don't want to do school so I'll check all my blogs" thing and looked at Natalie's post ... for the 3rd time (as I told her... "yes, I have no life!") and it really hit me.... "Just Enjoy Today..." It stood out like a neon sign on an Alaska winter night (or day for that matter)... so, taking that as a sign from God, we did just that... after a bit of science and writing, we packed a lunch, loaded up the bikes, got the frost off the windshield and off we went.
It was a lovely day (that is 6 in a row - woo hoo!), a bit cool, but beautiful! We Biked about 6 miles along the Tony Knowles Coastal Trail. We enjoyed an awesome view of Mount Suisitna, the Talkeetna's and could even see Denali way off in the distance. We enjoyed the sight, the smell and the sound of the leaves covering the path. . . We were surprised, but relieved that we did not see any animals on this trip... that would have freaked me out and the day would have been over, I'm getting braver, but I'm not stupid! After our ride we sat in the car and enjoyed our lunch while we watched the airplanes take off and land around us.

By the time we finished everything seemed so much clearer ... it's amazing how much 'being still' can accomplish! God is so Good!

"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress."

Psalm 46:10-11




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheryl,
I love reading your posts. Your pictures are great. It reminds me how much I want to go back to Alaska and see more of it. We did a cruise of the inside passage back in 2003 for our 30th anniversary. We absolutely fell in love with Alaska and cruising!
Have a great day!
Gail

Cheryl said...

Thanks for reading my blog... yes Alaska is something... you'd be welcome to stay with us if you want to do some more exploring!

Chelle said...

Did he come home and do math???