- Rick and Rian toured Anchorage via a Cessna Skyliner
- Rian survived his first baseball game of the season
- Gerad came home from University (Woo Hoo - and is thrilled to officially be living in Alaska!)
- We had a lovely Mother's day (but missed being with Rachel & our own moms)
- Rick and I celebrated our 24th anniversary
- We visited a conservation center and got to see 'wild' animals of Alaska from the safety of our car and an electric fence
- The guys saw a bear on the flight line (don't worry, it was only a black bear...if they say that one more time I'm gonna feed them to the bear!)
So, the latest event happened last night at the second ball game of the season... At the first game Rian took the hardest hit... the batter hit a line drive straight into the 3rd baseman's (Rian) throat. It could have been a bad deal...he was a bit dazed and out of breath for a while but other than that he was fine. And then came game two... at the game last night Rian was on the other side of the ball... and this is what it looked like
OOOPS.... so now I'm wondering, if the throat ball, was strike one, this would be strike two... what will the next game hold??? We're thinking maybe next year we should stick to something a bit safer, like snowboarding or tackle football!
So, that puts you up to speed...We're so excited to have Gerad home for the summer and are now just waiting for June when Rachel and Cain will be here! We will kick off our summer then as we have big plans! I'm a bit apprehensive about the bears...but if I understand Alaska right, the real problem will be the mosquitoes...
The pictures from the last week or so should appear in the slideshow on the sidebar, hope you enjoy them!

5 comments:
WOW! Go Rian! So...do you have to pay for the window? Oh...and tell Rian to use his glove from now one. might cut down on the throat shots. Oh...and I heard that black bears are NOTHING to worry about.... :-)
We only have to pay if they see the picture of their car on my blog and find us... I suppose the Christian thing would have been to find them and see what we could do, but guess we figured this is why we all pay for insurance, right?!
Holy Cow!!!! And I thought Sam was having a good first season. Sam has gone undefeated but Rian broke a car window --- he wins!! Sam is going to be ticked.
You might need make you tea extra strong...
Post a Comment