I thought the weather in Europe was crazy in the spring…
Last week the weather was so nice. It was above freezing every morning when I got up, the snow in the front yard was gone and for the first time I had hope that the snow in the back yard would be gone before June. Winter coats had been discarded and people were talking about their gardening plans. We canceled the cable, put away the shovel and started thinking about the bikes. Rick took the cars in to have the studded snow tires removed Saturday morning, and that’s when it started…
SNOW NOW? It snowed all day Saturday but remained warm enough most of the day to just make a mess, however, as the evening came the snow began to “stick” and we woke up to this on Sunday morning…..

We slid all the way to church and back and then settled back into winter mode (a nice long nap in a nice warm bed followed by a hot cup of tea!). Rian, of course, will not let a little bit of snow stop him, and as far as he is concerned, the season has changed and it’s now baseball season. Check out this video (hopefully it will work!) …
I have decided to look at the positive side of it all…at least I’m not in Arkansas where Gerad spent most of one night last week running the steps from his dorm room to the basement because of tornadoes in the area! I’ll choose snow over that any day!
I’m also reminded to be thankful; I have a warm house, plenty of tea, and no where I have to go so I’ll just wait because I know that God is good, and spring will come. The temperatures have remained cool so the ground has remained covered and it’s snowing again, we’re under a ‘snow advisory’ and are expecting another 5-12 inches before tomorrow…
“Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever;
Wisdom and Power are his.
He changes times and seasons…”
Daniel 2:20-21
Last week the weather was so nice. It was above freezing every morning when I got up, the snow in the front yard was gone and for the first time I had hope that the snow in the back yard would be gone before June. Winter coats had been discarded and people were talking about their gardening plans. We canceled the cable, put away the shovel and started thinking about the bikes. Rick took the cars in to have the studded snow tires removed Saturday morning, and that’s when it started…
SNOW NOW? It snowed all day Saturday but remained warm enough most of the day to just make a mess, however, as the evening came the snow began to “stick” and we woke up to this on Sunday morning…..
We slid all the way to church and back and then settled back into winter mode (a nice long nap in a nice warm bed followed by a hot cup of tea!). Rian, of course, will not let a little bit of snow stop him, and as far as he is concerned, the season has changed and it’s now baseball season. Check out this video (hopefully it will work!) …
I have decided to look at the positive side of it all…at least I’m not in Arkansas where Gerad spent most of one night last week running the steps from his dorm room to the basement because of tornadoes in the area! I’ll choose snow over that any day!
I’m also reminded to be thankful; I have a warm house, plenty of tea, and no where I have to go so I’ll just wait because I know that God is good, and spring will come. The temperatures have remained cool so the ground has remained covered and it’s snowing again, we’re under a ‘snow advisory’ and are expecting another 5-12 inches before tomorrow…
“Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever;
Wisdom and Power are his.
He changes times and seasons…”
Daniel 2:20-21

2 comments:
You mean it isn't ALWAYS snowing in Alaska? AND they garden up there? Really??? Next you're going to tell me they have swimming pools!
(giggle! giggle!)
wow....i don't know if I could handle that. i kind of need the sun otherwise i get grouchy.
Post a Comment