Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Problem with Blogs...

The Problem with Blogs, so I've been told, is that now people are expecting more... and glacier walking is a pretty tough act to follow! While I don't want to 'bore' you, I also hate to disappoint those faithful readers (3 of you I think....) so have decided to just share the high points in the last week and hope that maybe some one will find something worth while in it!

Over the weekend, I attended a ladies day with my friend Tammie, the high point of that, of course, was just spending time with her, reminiscing about old times and getting to know her sister a little bit. They were the first overnight guests at our Alaska "Bed & Breakfast" which I've decided should be called "The Cracked Pot" since the idea of not quite having it all together and the idea of being a little bit 'out there' describe me well!!! Here's a link to a short "parable" about 'Cracked Pots" http://www.storybin.com/sponsor/sponsor105.shtml

Another "high" this week was the sight of more Moose, this time right in the middle of town! I also saw a large fox, not even a block from the house. However, the most exciting 'animal' I saw this week was a fly! I know that sounds crazy (see above paragraph) but to me it said that spring has arrived, no matter how much snow is left in my back yard!

The "highest high" for me this week was the opportunity to go ice skating. Although it seems like a rather simple thing, for those of you who have known me for a while know that this was yet another milestone for me. Skating was probably the only "sport" I enjoyed as a child, but in the last 20 years I was afraid to risk looking like a fool so for the most part, I stayed far away from the ice! While I'm quite certain I didn't look anything like "Dorthy Hamill," Rian and I managed to stay on our feet and have some fun too. If my friend Sharon, or my niece had taken this picture you'd think it was really cool, but with Rick behind the camera it's pretty obvious that he missed the 'shot' and I doctored it the best I could just so we could document the occasion!





3 comments:

jeramy sossaman said...

Cheryl, this is wonderful! A second post....you're on your way....say "hey" to the boys.

Unknown said...

I love your blog! It's good to hear from you.

The last time I went ice skating I had bruises on the palms of my hands. I didn't even know that was a possibility.

Cheryl said...

Patti!!! So good to hear from you - would love to know what you and your family are up to - e-mail me when you get a chance!!!