Monday, July 11, 2011

While the cat's away.....



While the cat's away, the mice will play... or even worse, they might attempt home improvement projects...

I've made a very special point of not letting Rick know what I was up to as I figured he had enough on his mind as it was, but now that it's done, I love it and I have to share... Hopefully he'll have time to check out the blog and let us know what he thinks of it too!

As a reminder, the before pictures. This is what the kitchen looked like when we bought the house. I stripped the wallpaper and painted before we moved in, added some newer appliances but for the most part it looked like this until two weeks ago...



I have talked about doing this since day one, when I'd mention it to a friend one would say, "yes, you should do that" but just as many would say, "oh no, I would never.... " So for 2 plus years I've just been torn. However, the last friend I mentioned it to not only thought I should do it, but she googled it... went to Lowes with me, and continually asked "When are we going to get started on this project??" So, while Rian slaved away in the hot sun in Mexico, Judy and I got to it.

The end result.... drum roll please....
.
.
I Absolutely Love It!!! On one hand I wonder why I didn't trust my decorating tastes and do this 2 years ago, and on the other hand I'm so glad I waited! A job shared is not only less work, but so much more enjoyable! The best part of this all was the sweet time I spent with Judy while we worked on it, talking about our faith, our families, and drinking lots of tea (coffee) and even soaking in some sunshine on the deck during breaks. It was also fun as other friends (like Dawn & Peggy) came by to help and just enjoy the fellowship. It will always remind me of how blessed I am to have such sweet people in my life!

So, now we wait to see what Rick thinks....

No comments: