It's so exciting to see these pictures, I just can't tell you how ready I am to hear the stories from these kids first hand. Less than 48 hours and they'll be back in Alaska, I'm convinced they will be the longest hours of the whole 10 days for me, Maybe for them as well.
As you can see, both houses are done, and it sounds like they were able to give someone else a head start by laying another foundation. I'm so proud of these kids!
The prayer itinerary asks that we pray over the next couple of days that they will, of course, have a safe and hassle free trip back into the US and to Alaska, but even more importantly, that the students will never forget the sights and smells and all they experienced over the course of the trip. Joel mentioned in his note that tonights message to these kids will be that they "were part of a living epic... a major adventure combined with sacrifice on behalf of another" and that "their lives must contain both of these elements if they wish to have lasting fulfillment."
Well, the dog is whining again... he so misses having someone to play with (or watch t.v. with). He may be even more happy to have Rian home than I will be!
Thanks for being faithful to pray for Rian, and this whole group of young people. They break camp in the morning and head back to the good ole USA. I'm sure it will be a a bitter-sweet morning. I will let you know when they make it back to Alaska!

No comments:
Post a Comment