Thursday, March 4, 2010

All Quiet on the Northern Front

I think it’s funny how there are different kinds of quiet… It’s not like Rian has never left me at home alone…. He does so fairly often, so why is it that it feels so different today????? It just seems….well… extra quiet I guess…..

We’re so proud of Rian…. After months of planning, letter writing, fund raising activities, and giving a huge chunk of his own money toward the cause… he and 10 students, 5 adult chaperones and 4 ‘DeSpain’s” (a family from our church that are tagging along) finally boarded a flight last night bound for Guatemala City, Guatemala. They will spend the next 8 days visiting with Mayan families around the city of San Pedro de Laguna, visiting an Orphanage and building brick stoves in the homes of several families before returning home on the 14th.

Although I doubt it’s possible to put your ‘baby’ on a plane bound for a foreign country without some concern, the coordination and excitement of this group was amazing and made that task almost enjoyable! (Sadly, I forgot my camera last night so I can’t share that picture with you.) I’m so excited to hear about what God is going to do not only through them, but IN each of them over the next 10 days! I am expecting great things!

The Guatemala Team

If I’ve done my math right, they should be in the air on the last leg of their trip as we ‘speak’ and should be landing in Guatemala in about 3 hours. I’ll do my best to keep you all informed of his journey as I get updates. Your continued prayers for their safety (of course) but also for God’s will to be done in their lives and in the lives they touch are greatly appreciated!

Rian (center) with his good friend Tanner on the left

1 comment:

jeramy sossaman said...

oh wow....what a neat opportunity...i can say this because he's not my baby. in a few years you can console me. k?