Thursday, July 30, 2009

Friends as Family


Rick, Rian, Chris & Gerad


Well, it's like me to mention getting a few blogs in real quick, and then letting a month go by before I actually get one done.... did anyone ever guess that I can be quite the procrastinator??

We started off our summer with a visit from my nephew Chris and the Gehrman family. During the last 20 plus years of military life our lives have been so richly blessed by friends that have become family. This is a phenomenon that not many outside the military seem to fully understand, however, the Gehrman family isn't one of those families! From the moment we met the guys last year, to having Laura, the girls and her mom in our home this summer, they were family and we so enjoyed their visit!

We had so much fun while they were here, but rather than go on and on, I'll just share my favorite pictures from those couple of weeks..


King Salmon courtesy of Chris and Annie

RockBand...

I so wanted to post the video...um.... yep, I think I need too, don't you?



Kurt, Annie, Chris, Randi & Rebecca

Aaron & Randi

And here's a few more pictures from late May and early June... just a few of my favorites...

Those little (or not so little) black dots.... the world famous Alaska Mosquitoes

Gerad, Rian and....Smokey? Not five minutes before this Gerad was showing us the fish carcass that was to become this bears lunch.... amazing, in a terrifying sort of way!

You can truely watch the plants grow in Alaska, it is incredible!
I have really enjoyed puttering around in the greenhouse (of course that's because a couple from church have done most of the work!) and the tomato's and cucumbers....so yummy!! We'd have a ton more if the sun would just come back out!!!!

Hope you enjoyed the pictures .... the next blog... Family as Friends.... soon.... I promise!


1 comment:

jeramy sossaman said...

thanks for the update cheryl. miss you guys!