
WHY shouldn't I wear lipstick?
WHY Should I Use a Spoon for this?
He was 'up and running' long before he was actually born and hasn't stopped yet. I used to say that he was "going" from the time he got up in the morning until I strapped him into bed at night. Of course I never really tied him down, but it obviously crossed my mind at time or two!
He is still the same 'child' to this day! Of course he doesn't run around like a two year old anymore ...well...not usually anyway, BUT his brain never seems to stop (except maybe when it's time for school!). I always thought of Rian as a "strong willed" child, but when I'd read those books it wouldn't really describe him at all... As I look back I don't don't see what I thought was 'rebellion' what I see is 'creativity'... When Rian asked "why?" to "Go put your toys away" I don't think he was asking 'why' or 'if' he had to put his toys away, I think he was asking "why do I have to pick this toy up with my hands?...why can't I pick it up with my feet and then crawl down the hall on my hands? ... or balance it on my head?... or..???.." I'm sure you can imagine the frustration this caused the other 4 people in the family who ended up picking up the toys 'with him?'...(Gerad, who shared a room with him for years, is thinking 'yeah right...I picked up everyone of his toys FOR him...' ) He still asks those questions, like, why do I have to do this math problem like this, why can't I.....???? and it still frustrates those of us who live with him like crazy! But as we see him grow we at least understand it a bit more...Why can't I catch fish with this wood, line & a hook?
Why can't I make that out of cardboard?
In so many ways Rian is just a typical teenager, he thinks we should live on Pizza and soda. He likes to hang out with his friends, play video games, go snowboarding, play baseball, etc... but in so many other ways he is this amazing young man, that yes, drives me crazy on a daily basis, but brings so much joy and creativity to our home and I can't imagine what it would be like with out him!
"For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans for welfare
and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11


1 comment:
It seems your posts always move me to both laughter & tears. Happy Birthday, Rian!
Post a Comment